Frequently asked questions:

Why carpal tunnel surgery over more conservative treatment programs?

Q:  How do I set up an appointment?

A: There are several ways to facilitate your visit. You may contact our office at 347-497-5587 in New York or 732-658-1195 in New Jersey. Your demographic and insurance information will be obtained during this phone call.   Our staff will tell you the available office hours as they change and vary based on location.

Q: Do I need to bring any documentation or necessary testing for my appointment?

A: Ideally, it would save time and a return visit if you brought a recent EMG report (nerve conduction study test). If you are experiencing numbness, tingling with night awakening, these are most common factor for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Your Primary Care Physician or a Neurologist may order this test. In the event you do not have a PMD or Neurologist we will order an EMG study for you and will schedule this test with our Certified Technician upon your visit. All other hand related matters or problems do not require any tests. Please bring a copy of any other testing or x-rays you may have had pertaining to your problem.

Q: Do you accept my insurance?

A: We accept most major medical plans and will work with your insurance company to minimize any out-of-pocket expense. Our staff will help you determine your benefits and eligibility.

Q: Do you accept Workers’ Compensation cases?

A: Yes. Be sure you have filed all necessary documentation and reports with your Human Resources Department and/or Employer at time of accident. You will be furnished with a WCB# or claim# along with the carrier’s name and the adjuster’s contact number. This information is necessary in order for us to provide you with a prompt visit. Please note: our billing company cannot file your workers’ compensation on your behalf.

Q: Do you accept No-Fault insurance?

A: Yes. Since no-fault insurance is a result of a car accident you will need to notify your insurance company and obtain a claim number and/or file or policy number. You will also need the name of the policyholder and a contact phone number of the adjuster. Your insurance company will be able to provide you with this information and most importantly, this information is also found on your police report.


Additional Questions are found on the printable version:

Please click here for a printable version of all our frequently asked questions

Contact Us: